Twitter

Monday, November 10, 2008

So, last night I rented a movie called Castle In The Sky from the library. Do not sleep on the library for dvds. They have practically the whole Criterion Collection there (Pvd). Anyway this is an animated film from master Hayao Miyazaki from Studio Ghibli , who is my favorite feature film animator since I was a kid. This film tells the story of two kids searching for a castle in the sky called Laputa, which was the original name of the film when it was released in 1986 in Japan. I remember when my brother went to see it in the theatre back then, and I was pissed I didnt get to go. As always Miyazaki uses a child as the main character in the story to portray innocence and love, fighting against a world of corruption and greed. Miyazaki's obsession with flight and fantasy are represesnted here in Laputa to it's fullest extent. I think everyone should should check this flick, young bucks to old stiffs. You won't be disapointeed in any thing Miyazaki makes especially my favorite jont, Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind.

3 comments:

intrikit said...

Haven't seen either...gonna have to peep the titles!!!!

Anonymous said...

Jeah this is an amazing flick, theres a few others out there I think you'd enjoy..

Anonymous said...

I like Castle in the Sky, but my favorite is Spirited Away.